Monday, May 11, 2015

A Blessed Mother


A Blessed Mother

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward.”
Psalm 127:3 (NKJV)

When Mother’s Day comes around, we hear about how we should honor our mothers, (God says we should honor our mother and father) and so we should.  I was blessed with an amazing mother who loved her children with her whole heart; in fact, her life was centered on them.  She also loved the Lord and shared Jesus with all of us. 
As a mother of four grown children, I want to explain that I have tried to follow my mother’s example and I am a blessed mother.  I don’t need to be honored on Mother’s Day, because I am so blessed to have the children God gave me that I want to honor them today.
I will begin with my eldest child who has blessed me beyond imagination.  She has struggled with health issues from the time she was 6 weeks old, but even then God has had his hand on her.  He has put amazing doctors in her life and she overcame all odds.  I was told she would never have children, but she has two daughters.  They said she would never be able to accomplish much in life, but she accomplished more than most who are more able bodied.  She has served God most of her life and has traveled around the world several times witnessing to those who didn’t know Jesus.  Only God knows how many lost she has led to the Lord. 
There are no riches or gold that can match her accomplishments and no one can ever imagine how much I love her and how my heart swells with pride at the wonderful Woman of God that she is.  I am a blessed woman to have her as a daughter.
My second daughter is an amazing woman.  Although she hasn’t been disabled, but is strong and healthy, she has had many struggles throughout her life. She has 3 sons.  She raised the two older ones mainly as a single mother.  In spite of all the struggles, she is an overcomer; an overcomer who loves the Lord with all her heart.  She has been able to reach into deep places in her relationship with the Lord.  From those deep places she communes with God in a way few people do.  She is a Psalmist who sings new songs that touch hearts and lift burdens.  She is a Burden-Bearer for me and never fails to pray for me and any problems I might have.
She is so gifted and talented and everything she touches, she makes beautiful.  She also works outside her home, but I know I only have to call her and she would be here as fast as she could come.  I am a blessed woman to have her as a daughter.
My third daughter is an angel in disguise, so I have had others tell me. I know of no other person with such a big heart.  She is beautiful inside and out. If there is a need, she is there; if someone is hurting, she will cry with them.  If a person needs food, she feeds them.  She ministers in many, many places where she touches the broken-hearted and listens to their shattered dreams.  She loves teenagers as no other could and they love her in return and trusts her, because she is always there for them.  She can love them in spite of failures.  She works very long hours in her business, but never too long to help others.  She is so generous with others, including me. She is not afraid to stand on the truths of the Bible.
She honestly loves to spend time with me, which she does every chance she has.  We are a lot alike in many ways and understand each other.  She is an outstanding woman of God whom I am so proud to say is my daughter (as with all of my children).  I am a blessed woman to have her as my daughter.
The youngest of my children is my son.  We have always been very close, but our roles have reversed.  I always tried to do everything for him that I could, but now he does everything he can for me.  He is a handsome man who stands tall and strong.  Not only is he brilliant, but he has a great heart.  He appears powerful and sometimes intimidating, but can’t hold back the tears when seeing a great move of God, or loving his grandchildren.  He is a powerful man of God who practices what he preaches.  He has ministered to untold numbers and changed the lives of youngsters from big cities to small towns.  He works in a profession where he touches lives every day. He loves the outdoors where he spends as much free time as he can. When he sings, he holds his audience in the palm of his hand. 
He is a generous man with many skills and many titles, but I call him, “son.”  I am so proud of him and what he has accomplished in his life and stands firm in his faith.    I am blessed to call him my son.
My children are far from perfect, but the bond that we have is rare.  I love them with my whole heart and will be there for them as long as I have breath.  Therefore, today I honor my children whom have blessed my life as a mother, and I praise God that he chose them just for me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment