Monday, August 13, 2018

Sharing God's Words


Sharing God’s Words

“The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.” Isaiah 40:8

            “I’m too sick”  “I’m too tired”  “I can’t make it to church any longer”  “I’m too old to minister”  These are some of the excuses people make for not sharing the Word of the Lord any longer.  You may feel like withered grass or a faded flower as the above scripture says, but God’s Word still stands.  If you are still able to speak, you can share God’s Word with others.

The Word of God is so powerful that just speaking the Word of God can bring life back to those who were dead.  In Ezekiel 37:4-6 God spoke to Ezekiel.  He said to him, “Prophesy to these bones and say too them, ‘O dry bones, hear the Word of the Lord! “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you and you shall live.  I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you and you shall live.” 

Just speaking over the dead brings them to life.  This is how powerful the Word of God is.  Another example is that His spoken Word will not return ‘void’.   In Isaiah 55:11,So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”

This is why I write these blogs every week. I want others to know that by sharing the Word of God, wonderful things can happen.  I probably don’t know and never will, how many were touched by hearing God’s Word. The power in the Word can fight the battles of the enemy against our soul. Ephesians 6:17, “And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.  Did you get that? “The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. 
 
This is why it’s so important not only to read the Bible, but to try to understand it.  If you have asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life, you do not have to go through trials and troubles alone.  The power of the Word of God is available all the time for you.  With God all things are possible (Mark 9:23).  Many Christians don’t even know what God has made possible for them.  This why we must continually share the Word of God with as many as we can.

The days we now live in are devastating.  We keep thinking and wondering why the Lord doesn’t come back and do something about it.  The young people in high school and college are being held up like offerings on the altar of Satan. So many things are being crammed into their minds that they don’t even recognize who they once were or what they once believed. This is another reason we need to keep speaking out the Word of God. Many are void of the difference between sin and morals. The only thing that is sure and true is the Word of God.

At times we feel helpless to help these who are often without hope.  This is when we need to turn to the Holy Spirit. Jesus said in John 14:26, “but the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.  The Holy Spirit is our helper and he will direct us in how we should pray, how we should react to the things our loved ones are doing and He will lead us in the right decisions with love.

“Holy Spirit, I pray for my loved ones to hear the Word of God in a positive way and give them the knowledge to understand how much God loves them and wants to hold a place their heart. Help me, Lord to let them see my life as a child of God who stands in faith believing in them without chastisement.  Chastisement belongs to God alone and those he chastises, he loves.” Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment