Friday, March 9, 2018

Facing Your Fears


Facing Your Fears

I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”  Psalm 34:4

            We have all dealt with different fears in our lives. Some people are afraid of snakes or insect; mice or dogs; fear of heights or fear of water; fear of flying or even riding in a car.  I guess I could go on and on and still not bring the list to an end.  How did we take on these fears? They could be passed on through your family or they may be something you read about or a movie you saw.  There are people who claim to have no fear of anything; they may be either very brave or not have any sense at all.
            It may come as a shock to you to realize fear is a spirit that does not come from God.  2 Timothy 1:7 tells us that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound (sane) mind.”  Fear cannot have a hold on it unless we allow it. With the power of God within us, we can get rid of those fears.
            Of all the different fears we must face, there is one fear that uncountable people ignore and it should cause us to tremble and that is the fear of the Lord.  This is not the kind of fear that makes you terrified of what can happen to you. It is a type of fear on knowing who God is and the power that is connected to God Almighty.  There are many who have no respect for God or his words in the Bible.  They don’t even believe that God is the same yesterday and today. 
            It is so important that in the last book of the Old Testament, Malachi 3:16, God gave us this warning.  “Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, And the LORD listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear the LORD And who meditate on His name.”  If you understand the Word of God, you will understand what the Fear of the Lord is.  God has all power over everyone and everything.
            God has told us in Hebrews 13:5,I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  We can count on that because He said it.  If you understand the power of God we can say without fear of man, The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (13:6) 
            If you believe the Word of God and act on it, you will also understand the Fear of the Lord.  You know that what God says will happen, will really happen.  If you don’t believe in God, don’t worry, the die is cast and you will end up in Hell. Your name will not be written in the Book of Remembrance at the end of days.
            The wonderful thing is that the Savior is still knocking at the door of your heart waiting for you to let Him in.  The love and forgiveness of God is beyond our understanding.  He will be waiting for you until you take your last breath.  After that there is nothing even God can do. 
You must know that there are only two things that can control you in life; one is God and the other is Satan.  For you are a slave to whatever controls you.” (2 Peter 2:19)  You may think you are free to do what you want during your lifetime, but in actuality you only have two choices.  You may not know you have already made that choice.  Just know that you can change the outcome by turning to God.   
            In times past, I cried to God and he delivered me from all my fears, just like in Psalm 24:4.  God turned my life around and since then my name has been written in the Book of Remembrance.  I thank God that he heard my cry and set me free, and I pray the same for each of you.  “Lord, bring the cries of your people to your ears and set each one free.”  Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment