Monday, January 1, 2018

Behold, I will Do a New Thing.

Behold, I Will Do a New Thing

“Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”     Isaiah 43:18-19

Happy New Year to all of you who read my Bible teaching.  I pray that God will bring you a closer walk with Him and that you will no longer look back on your past but, with excitement and expectation, look to your future. May God bless you and give you peace in this New Year.

A few days ago I was sitting in my living room not thinking anything spiritual and abstractly watching television, when the Holy Spirit dropped this into my mind, “Behold I will do a new thing.” I had to look it up in the Bible because I didn’t know where it was. When I read the whole scripture, I knew it was for the beginning of this year of January 2018. 

It begins with verse 18, “Don’t think about how things have been in your past, don’t dwell on things of old.” (my version)  I found out a long time ago that if you keep digging up your past; it’s like old garbage – it stinks.  There is no way you will find peace in your life by dwelling on things of the past; it doesn’t get you anywhere and accomplishes nothing.  You can’t change the past!

Then in verse 19, God is telling us that he is going to do a “New Thing” in our lives and it is going to ‘spring forth’.  In other words, it is going to happen suddenly; it will spring forth. It will take us by surprise and we will know it is God who has done this thing.  When it says, “Shall you not know it?” means, you will know it. I, among many around the world, feel that we are anticipating something is about to happen!  I am not a prophetess and I don’t know what it is that’s coming this new year, but it will happen just as Isaiah wrote in God’s Word.  This I do know, God is true to His Word.

Many are blind to the things of God and do not know that God is still working according to His plan.  Perhaps what will happen will be a wakeup call to those who know about God, but don’t personally know Jesus as their Savior. 

Continuing on in verse 19, it says that God is going to “make a road in the wilderness.” Let me tell you, things are going to change.  It might seem like you have been lost in a wilderness and don’t know how to find your way out. You may have prayed for God to come and help you but you haven’t heard from him.  He hears every prayer and this year you are going to get your answers.  He will bring you out of the wilderness and it may be in a new way you never thought of.  Just Believe!

Then He said this, “He will make rivers in the desert.”  What that means is that not only will he bring you out of the wilderness, but He will continue to lead you on through what was once a dry and thirsty place and now is a lush and prosperous place.

Yes, His Word says “Behold, I will do a new thing!” Look forward to this New Year and declare that God is God and will do what He said He would do.  Praise God our Father who leads us onward and His Son who gave His life for you and for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment