Sunday, June 5, 2016

Graduation Day


Graduation Day

 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:14

June is ‘Graduation Month’ and brings about celebrations and family get-to-gathers. Most seniors are so glad it’s finally over and they can really go on with their lives.  Those of us who are older kind of chuckle to ourselves and think, “This is just the beginning.”  Everything in life takes a little planning; even if you are the type that just floats by from day to day.
God, himself designed plans to take care of his people and lead them in the way they should go.  “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” [Jeremiah 29:11-12 (NLT)]  God has given us a future and gives us hope.  This is what Graduation Day is all about.
Now that you have graduated and your life is before you, you can live your life your way and you won’t know how it will turn out, or you can live it God’s way and be assured it will turn out good.   Most of us wish we could be at that threshold again and start over, but that time has passed.  However, with God’s grace you do have another chance.  Lamentations 3:22-23 (NLT) tells us thatThe faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.”
This means that no matter your age or circumstances, God see you anew every morning.  You may have messed up yesterday, but our heavenly Father already forgot it and is ready to give you a new start.  Of course we need to repent when we know we sin. He is ready to forgive you and wants you to continue toward the goal of the ‘big’ Graduation Day.
If God didn’t have your life in his hands, you would never make it; you would be a ‘dropout.’ There is a day coming when God will call each and every one of us home to a Graduation Day that is out of this world.  If you have chosen to live life ‘your way’, you may not attend that great party, but if you have lived life trying to be all you can for HIM, he will say, “Come on in my child!” 
Today, we congratulate all the student who have strived toward the goal of graduation and have been awarded their diploma.  Good job, Graduates.  Continue as it says in Philippians 3:14, “I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
As for myself, I’m working on reaching the prize at the end of my life.  I fail most days, but each morning I get up and continue on for I know without a shadow of doubt that God’s mercies in my life are new every morning.  I might be getting older, but my future is bright and I want to take advantage of all of it. 
Look at today as the beginning and not the end and I promise you have a great future ahead of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment