Monday, July 27, 2015

"Be Still and Know That I am God"


Be Still and Know That I am God

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”   Psalm 46:10
 

I was talking with a friend today who was exclaiming about all the evil things happening in the world today.  We spoke about it being the ‘End Times’,  and how many felt such fear over the fact that the world seems to be headed into even worse times.  Someone else told me earlier in the week that they didn’t dare think about all of it because they couldn’t handle the fear.
After studying ‘end times’ for almost 30 years, I believe it is moving along in God’s plans.  This doesn’t mean we like it all, but what it does mean is that if we stand firm in faith, God will see us through to our eternal home in heaven someday.  When we begin to fear, turn to God.  Psalm 34:4, “I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”  I have experienced this myself and I know that God will give me peace in the worst of storms.
In Matthew 24, Jesus told his disciples of the terrible things that would happen to this world in the latter times.  Even now we are watching things happen that bring those verses into reality.  There are still wars to be fought; there is still violent storms to be had; there is still demonic forces trying to destroy those who believe in Jesus Christ.  This is only the beginning; what the Bible calls “But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.” [Matthew 24:8] This is how it reads in the New Living Translation and in the New King James it says, “All these are the beginning of sorrows.”
When we read in the newspapers and see on the news these things coming to pass, you may feel some fear, but the Lord gives us a message through 2 Timothy 1:7, For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”  If a spirit of fear doesn’t come from God, where does it come from?  It comes from the devil – BUT, don’t miss this fact in this verse; He has given us Power.  Don’t sit back and think there is nothing you can do; stand up and let everyone know you are a child of the Living God!
We must remember for our own good ‘that God is God’ and he will do what he needs to do.  Even when so many think they know how to handle everything, God is still in control.  This is why he speaks to us in the Bible and says, “Be still and know that I am God.”  He will be exalted.
When I see the things that are even now coming against the Christians, I can say, The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” [Heb. 13:6]  No matter what others can do to me, they cannot take my soul because God has protected me and I am assured a home in heaven.
It may seem that the biggest share of the world is not calling on the name of the Lord to straighten out all the problems and bring peace.  However, the day will come when God will be exalted all over this world; over all religions and over all nations.  In the meanwhile we are to wait on the Lord and trust that his plan is going forward.  Who knows the ways of the Almighty?  I believe that God who he says he is and I know he has more power and more love to keep us where he wants us to be.
1 John 4:18 tells us that There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear.”  So let us trust God for what is going on around us and what is ahead of us. He will never leave you or forsake you.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment