Monday, March 23, 2015

GOD IS ENOUGH!


GOD IS ENOUGH!

“Fear the LORD, you his godly people, for those who fear him will have all they need.” Psalm 34:9

Four years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I wasn’t even upset about it.  I am basically an anxious person when it comes to something like cancer, but I felt so calm about it.  I watched my younger sister pass away from brain cancer in November and here I was 2 months later with cancer. She had held on for 9 months and was so brave with what she went through; she was my inspiration. 

Then I heard someone say that God was El Shaddai and that this Hebrew word means “All Sufficient One”.  This grabbed a place in my heart and I knew that I knew, He was all I needed; the Almighty God was enough!  I knew that He was the answer for me.  I went into surgery that day knowing whatever the outcome, it was in His hands.  I chose not to have chemo or radiation, but to totally trust in God. 

I want to say here that this may not be what you need to do if you ever have cancer, but I felt for me this was what God wanted me to do.  I am only telling you my experience and it may not be yours.  I remembered what the Apostle Paul said For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. [Philippians 1:21] God gave me such peace about this and I placed myself in His hands and after 4 years I am fine and still trusting God. 

I’ve had serious things happen to me since that time, but I always remember, “God is Enough!”  If you don’t believe me, then let me share a few of the many scriptures in the Bible about it.  Matthew 6:33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”  This is written so simply that everyone can understand it.  If we try to live as righteously as we can, we can be assured that God will supply our every need. 

Of course, we all tend to think we need more than we have, when in truth we may have trouble sorting our needs from our wants.  Our heavenly Father goes beyond giving us just the amount we need.  In 2Cor. He tells us: And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.”   Can you imagine that?  He gives us enough to share with others and we know that if we give, we receive even more.  You have heard that you can’t out give God and it is so true.  The clue to all of this is to trust God for everything. 

It has taken some time, but I finally get what Paul says in 2 Cor. 12:9, “Each time he said, “My grace is all you need.  My power works best in weakness, so now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.”  This is what God, the Father, did for me.  In my weakness His power worked in me and healed me.  I cannot praise Him enough.  

He wants to be your ‘El Shaddai’, your ‘All in All’, your ‘All Sufficient One’ and no matter what your needs are, ‘He is Enough’.  Trust Him and your needs will be met.  There are times when it is difficult to trust in God when you need something, but when you place yourself in His care, your needs will be met. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment