Monday, November 10, 2014

His Grace is Sufficient


His Grace is Sufficient

2 Corinthians 12:9
 “He said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”

 I was reading a book the other day that had this scripture in it that said, “My grace is sufficient.”  Almost everyone has either read or quoted this many times and I wondered if I could find a study about it.  Most things I read were quite simple; “God’s grace is enough.”  It couldn’t get any plainer than that, but I felt there was much more to it and much deeper so I went to the Source – the Word!

I found that Mercy and Grace go hand in hand. His grace shows up when we can’t do something for ourselves; when we are weak in an area of our lives.  Grace comes when we let God take over. There are many Bible passages that show the weakness of mankind and the power of God’s grace to overcome that weakness.  Why does grace appear?  It’s because of God’s mercy which if given because of his compassion, kindness and love.

I think of Moses when he met God at the burning bush and God told him to go to Egypt and speak to the Pharaoh.  Moses argued with God and said he could not speak well and God told him that he would put the words in his mouth. God was angry with Moses, but in his mercy and grace, forgave him and provided for him.     [Exodus 4:10-12] When Moses was weak, then God’s power could work in him and looked what happened in Egypt.

There are times in all our lives that we feel weak and helpless; that is when God is able to work in us and through us.  I like the way the Living Bible reads in I Corinthians 12:9, My power works best in weakness”. If you look back over time since you have been saved, you will find countless times that God’s mercy and grace were at work in your life. 

Grace is not a ‘corporate’ thing, but is a personal sign of love between you and God Almighty.  As a person I am not all-sufficient; every day I ask God to help me with issues I cannot control.  Here are a few things you may daily have to face.

1.      Lack of financial provision

2.      Conflict with family, friends or others

3.      When people have failed you

4.      When you have a need

5.      When you are weak in body or in spirit

6.      Uncertainty in the direction you need to go

7.      When you don’t want to surrender to God’s way

8.      When fear overtakes you

9.      When you are discontented

10.  When you feel trapped in a situation

I could go on and on about the need for God’s Grace and Mercy.  There is an old hymn that is titled. “I Need Thee Every Hour”; this is my heart’s cry.  God is there for you and in spite of your failures, he is waiting to fill you with his grace.  We tend to take credit for many things we may accomplish, but the truth is without His grace we are nothing.

God is truly all we need; His grace is sufficient.  The Lord told Paul, My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” [2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT]) Any successes I have accomplished are because of God’s grace and I praise God for His mercy.  Give it all to God and sit back and watch His grace at work.

 

 


 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment