Monday, May 1, 2017

When I Have Doubts

When I Have Doubts

              "And immediately he stretched out his hand  and caught him and said to him,                           O you of little faith, why did you doubt?   Matthew 14:31

There is not a person who has not at some time doubted God the Father.  It may be that you prayed and asked God for help and you don’t think he answered you.  God is not a character from the Arabian Nights tales.  You cannot say, “Open Sesame” and a great door opens and God will give you what you want right then.  With God, he listens to every prayer, but he wants to build your faith and the only way faith is built is by trusting God even when you don’t get the answer you want when you want it.

There are times when you want something so badly and it doesn’t come.  However, sometime in the future you will look back and see what God was doing in your life.  Maybe He answered by saying “no”.  Why would he do that?  Could it be that he is doing something better for you in the future?  Looking back over the years of my life, I see all the answers of why he said “NO” to me and I am so glad he did.  I could tell you so many stories of the past, when God had a greater reason than what I could have imagined.

God gave us freedom to make choices good and bad, but what he wants from us is to be obedient to his Word.  The Bible tells us that obedience is better than sacrifice and there are times we need to sacrifice so we can be obedient.  All through our lives, we will be tempted to do things that displease our Father in heaven and we are free to do them, but we will probably be miserable as we do things that our conscience tells us not to do.  We may want to go someplace that God is nudging our spirit to not go there. The longer you live, the more we sense the Holy Spirit directing us to listen to God.

The world at this time is in a spiritual conflict calling to us to turn this way or that way but we must remember that at the end of life, it won’t matter that we chose some wrong ways over some right ways.  What will matter is if we repented from those things and have faith believing that Jesus is our Savior and that he willingly went to die on the cross so we would not be charged for the sin we lived in.  There is no person alive that has never sinned.  Sin has many faces; even to doubt about God and Jesus is a sin, but God’s love for us will wipe it all away if you just believe.

As for doubting God’s existence, I recently heard a scientist say that to deny our creature would be the biggest lie in History.  Take the human body for example and how each thing we are made of works with each part to allow total function.  It has also been proven that the Word of God has never changed in context.  Over thousands of years the basic truths are the same as when they were written.  One of many examples was finding the Dead Sea Scrolls: The site of Khirbet Qumran (a modern Arabic name) is located in the West Bank, near the northern edge of the Dead Sea, and is the place where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in 11 nearby caves 70 years ago. Though it has been decades since any scrolls were discovered, researchers announced in February 2017 that they had found a 12th cave near Qumran.

There are many other religions who claim to be the only true religion. They try to copy Christianity for some of their beliefs but then they start adding and detracting from the true Word of God, which is proven. Some add other script which is written by other people who claim to have had a message from God.  It is there the truth of God is changed and another “religion” is made. 

I am not going to get into the other religions but I will say this, “Show me where our God and Jesus our Savior, are buried.  Show me the love of God from people who kill others so they can go to heaven.  Show me where a god that demands death to his own people and where little girls whose bodies are cut and maimed so they can be more satisfying to older men who sexually rape these little girls.  There is so much more, but I’m sure you get the picture.  Statues cannot talk, nor can they answer prayer.  My loving God has answered so many prayers in my life, I cannot count them.

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!     Matthew 7:7-11

Doubts come into our life when we have no faith.  I just recently lost my sister.  Did I want her to die; of course not.  My prayer for her was for God to have his way with her.  A time to be born, and a time to die,” and is found in Ecclesiastes 3:2.  I would not dream to pray that God keep her here when she would only have suffered.  These are times when we must trust God to make these decisions.

I have no doubts about who God is for he has always been there for me even when I can’t feel him.  Even though the word, “Trinity” is not in the Bible, God the Father, Jesus, his son, and the Holy Spirit is at work in my life and hopefully in yours. After all, what is life if not for God and His love for me and for you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment