Monday, June 16, 2014

Are You On A Wanted Poster?


Are You on a Wanted Poster?

 

“You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.”  John 15:16

 

            I love this scripture that tells me God wants me; he chose me for a purpose.  He has always wanted me and he wanted you.  I only had to say “Yes”.  We are all on ‘Wanted Posters’ and God’s eyes are always looking for us.  It is another way that shows how God loves us and wants us to turn ourselves in and give our hearts to him.

 

            Once our heart belongs to him, we have a purpose to fulfill.  In 2 Peter 1:10-11, God shows us what to do.  “So, dear friends, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away.  And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”   This is our reward if we give ourselves to the Lord.

 

            If we choose not to answer God’s call, these are the results:  “I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention.  You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you.”  (Proverbs 1:24-26)   This is nothing to ignore.  If you are struggling to answer the call of God, here are some answers to help you.

 

Like the title scripture, Jesus said, “Whatever you ask the Father in My name, he may give

You”.  How do we go about that?  Go to Jeremiah 33:3 “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”  Here is the beginning – God Wants You!  He has such wonderful plans for you; things you have never heard of, or hoped for.

 

If you want to answer God’s call, you must understand this:  “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)  You see not only does God want you, but he wants to bless you with everything good thing.  Turn yourself over to God and look at this great reward waiting for you.

 

If you’ve ever made any mistakes in your life (didn’t we all?), God knows each one of them. There is only one thing you need to do and it is so simple.  Just ask God’s forgiveness and it’s done!  The Bible clearly tells us that “He will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.”  (Micah 7:19) That means he won’t ever remember those sins because they are covered over by the death of Jesus on the Cross at Calvary.  He already paid for your sins.

 

It seems like we tend to make things so difficult when they are really simple.  You may be on a wanted poster, but you have to respond to it by deciding if you die you want to go to Heaven or Hell.  God wants you, but do you want him; that’s the decision you have to make.  Your mother or dad can’t make it for you; your pastor can’t do it; being confirmed or baptized isn’t going to save you.  Get serious; who knows if you’ll still be here tomorrow.

 

Just remember, you’re on a Wanted Poster and you can’t hide from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment