Sunday, November 3, 2013

THE LOVE OF GOD


THE LOVE OF GOD

 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.”  Ephesians 3:18 (NLT)

 Trying to explain the love of God is like looking through a giant telescope and seeing the vastness of the universe; it looks to be endless.  So is God’s love; there are no adequate words to describe it.  I hear people all the time saying, “I love God”.  It seems to be a rather puny remark when compared to how God loves us.  I only know this, For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.  John 3:16 (NLT)
There are those in this world who have never felt loved; then they haven’t experienced the benefits of being a Believer in Jesus.  There are those who are so lonely they end up in deep depression; then they haven’t understood the message of Jesus Christ, because he said, “He would never leave us or forsake us.  Here’s what he wants to do for you, “He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.” Psalm 40:2

Many of us do not understand that God’s love is constantly surrounding us; constantly watching over us.  I could list more than a hundred scriptures telling of God’s love and care for us.  3 John 1:2 is for those who worry over financial problems: “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.”
Whatever your need is; when you are afraid to move forward, read Isaiah 52:12; “For the LORD will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.”  I love this; whatever I’m facing, God has gone before me to look over the situation and I don’t have to be looking backwards; fearing what’s coming up behind me.  God is already watching my back; nothing will get by Him.

I once heard a pastor on the radio talking about the word, ‘El Shaddai’ and the meaning of it.  It means, “God is the Sufficient One; God is Enough!”  Listen, He loves you so much that he wants to provide all your needs.  Look in Luke 12:27-31, "Look at the lilies! They don’t toil and spin, and yet Solomon in all his glory was not robed as well as they are. And if God provides clothing for the flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, don’t you suppose that he will provide clothing for you, you doubters?  And don’t worry about food—what to eat and drink; don’t worry at all that God will provide it for you. All mankind scratches for its daily bread, but your heavenly Father knows your needs. He will always give you all you need from day to day if you will make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."
You don’t always ‘feel’ God’s love; He might bring a great happening in your life, or it may be just a small thing.  My mother depended on God for everything and she prayed about everything.  One time she told me she had difficulty combing her hair after she had a stroke.  She prayed and God always helped her with it.  There were times she needed things from the store and she prayed; sure enough someone would call and ask if she needed anything from the store.  This might seem like coincidences, but I can tell you that God hears every prayer and loves you so much he wants to take care of you in even in small things.

There is a song called, “His Love” and here are a couple of verses:
 
His love is higher than the highest of mountains
His love is deeper than the deepest of seas
His love, it stretches to the farthest horizon
And His love, it reaches to me

His love is stronger than the angels and demons
His love, it keeps me in my life’s darkest hour
His love secures me on the pathway to heaven
And His love is my strength and power.
 
Our pastor preached a message one morning from John 15:16You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.”  Don’t miss this; God loves us so much that we didn’t even have to look for him because he already chose us.  God knew us before we were even born and loved us then.  He loved us when we didn’t even serve him and he loved us when we sinned.  He readily forgives us when we repent.  Why?  He expects us to go out and bear fruit by leading others to road of salvation.  We might say that we decided to follow Jesus, and we did have to make a choice, but in truth, he was already calling us to him. 
I don’t know of any other than God the Father who sent his Son, Jesus, to this sinful earth to die for so many undeserving people, unless His love was beyond what we could understand.  To not accept His amazing love would be like throwing our very life in his face. 

Never forget that you are chosen and appointed and filled with God’s power.  The Holy Spirit lives within you because God sent him to be our Comforter.  What love God has for us!
"God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" . John 3:16 (NKJV)




 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment